1. This warranty determines the general conditions on which the
chains are repaired free of charge or at the seller's option,
replaced by OMEGA TPC. The warranty does not affect implied
warranties, any other legal claims response or other written
2. Claims under this warranty may only be raised, if the observance
of all stipulations of the "warning against misuse" is proven. In
case of non-observance of the 'warning against misuse", this
warrantee is void.
3. This warranty does not cover compensation for damage to persons
4. Compensation for damage to property is generally excluded, unless
prescribed by law.
5. The warrantee expires after a period of 6 months from the date of
purchase of the chain. The date of purchase has to be proven by
means of a sales slip.
6. Claims under this warrantee are subject to the return of the,
chains together with the required evidence and the sales slip to the
manufacturer, the general importer or the dealer who sold the
chains. Claims concerning cross country- and tyre protection chains
must be accompanied by an exact description of the damage and its
cause and sent to OMEGA TPC, or the general distributor/agent,
within one week of occurrence of the damage.
7. The warrantee does not cover damage resulting from normal wear.
8. In case claims under this warrantee are raised, OMEGA TPC
reserves the right to determine the necessary measures for achieving
1. The buyer's legal claims to the manufacturer, concerning
cancellation of the purchase contract, reduction of the purchase
price, or compensation deliveries, remain untouched.
2. We guarantee the use of specially tested steel according to works
analysis, expert manufacture, perfect surface and/or core hardness
and excellent fit. For this warranty, please refer to our warranty
3. Tyre protection chains: our warranty covers 1000 operating hours
or a Maximum of 6 months unless otherwise expressed and includes the
replacement of all faulty parts, (with the exception of wear,
thermal and other environmental influences) free of charge. Every
shipment of OMEGA Tyre Protection chains includes a sufficient
number of spares. Additional spares would have to be charged for.
WARNING AGAINST MISUSE
Our excellent product has been manufactured with utmost care. The
consistent high quality is achieved by a certified Quality Assurance
System according to ISO 9001 as applied by our suppliers.
Legal regulations require that these warnings are attached, although
many of them will seem self-evident to you.
But always keep these instructions in mind. By using the tyre
protection chains, you and your staff declare to have taken notice
of, and will observe these warnings and that you will not assert any
claims against the manufacturer, importer or retailer in case of
Non-observance of the following instructions may cause substantial
damage to persons or property (road accidents) with severe
1. Tyre Protection chains should only be used for mounting on
vehicle tyres. These chains, as well as spare parts are
case-hardened, thus being wear-resistant, and must not be used for
pulling, lifting or other purposes.
2. Only mount the chains on tyres of the dimensions specified on the
respective label of the package. Chains should be fitted on new
tyres corresponding to the ETRTO standards and mounted on adequate
rims. Retreated tyres are often larger and the perfect fit of the
chains has to be checked in each case. If the chain does not fit
perfectly it must not be used. Check the inflation pressure
according to the instructions of the vehicle manufacturer. The air
pressure must not be reduced before mounting and then increased
again. This could lead to damage (breakage, cracks) of chain and/or
tyre due to over tension.
3. Check the chains before use. If parts of the chain are damaged or
broken, the chain must not be used.
4. Chains must always be mounted in pairs on an axle.
5. Please consider the dead weight of tyre protection chains during
mounting and dismounting. Incorrect handling of the chains can lead
6. Read the mounting instructions carefully. Non-observance of the
mounting instructions may result in malfunctions of the chains and
damage to the vehicle and may increase the risk of accidents.
7. Before using the vehicle always check if the chains have been
8. After a short driving distance (approx.50 to 100 meters) the
perfect and centric fit of the chains has to be checked. Retentions
the chains if necessary.
9. Tension the chains only as tight as necessary. Excessive
tensioning may cause damage to chain and tyre. Tyre protection
chains should be mounted flat on the tyre and must only be tensioned
with the removable tension lever supplied or a ratchet hoist. Other
ways of tensioning (loader shovel, crane-) could damage the chain
and endanger the mounting staff, as the mounting chain could break
10. Make sure that after the mounting; no part of the chain grazes
parts of the vehicle-loader at lowered shovel level and in all
extreme positions (swing axles).
11. Avoid spinning of the wheels. Increased wear would lead to
greater damage to the chain.
12. Check condition and wear of the chains during travel every 200
operating hours minimum.
13. Repairs of damaged chains and modifications to suit a different
size should only be carried out by qualified personnel.
14. Only use original OMEGA TPC spares for repairs, to be supplied
by the SELLER. The use of any other type of spares shall void any
warrantee or guarantee supplied by the SELLER.
15. The lifetime of tyre protection chains is consumed as soon as
several rings or links break due to wear. For reasons of economy we
recommend to replace a maximum of 5% of the rings and links of the
chain by spares. In case more than 5% of the elements (rings and
links) are already replaced, the chain should either be generally
overhauled or replaced in whole.